THE INTERNATIONAL BROADCASTER
COALITION AGAINST PIRACY
IBCAP is an alliance of leading international broadcasters organized to prevent unauthorized streaming and illegal distribution of international television content in the United States.
Not sure if your current service is authorized?
WHO WE ARE.
IBCAP is a coalition of leading international broadcasters and distributors formed to prevent the unauthorized and illegal distribution of international television content. Our goal is to enforce our members’ copyrights by identifying unauthorized video sources, collecting evidence, and assisting with legal actions and criminal investigations against those individuals and companies engaged in pirating activities.
WHAT WE DO.
Our coalition coordinates with government agencies and law enforcement both in the U.S. and abroad. As part of our efforts, we report suspected infringers to the appropriate authorities, initiate investigations, and promote prosecution of persons or companies who participate in illegal distribution of members’ video content.
Our organization also collaborates with Internet Service Providers (“ISPs”), payment processing agents, Content Delivery Networks (“CDNs”), multinational technology companies and hardware and software manufacturers to identify and stop unauthorized distribution of video content.
IBCAP also coordinates with other organizations in the fight against piracy, including:
- Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment (ACE)
- Asia Video Industry Association (AVIA)
- Audiovisual Anti-Piracy Alliance (AAPA)
- Coalition Against Online Video Piracy (CAOVP)
- Coalition Against Piracy (CASBAA)
- MENA Broadcast Satellite Anti-Piracy Coalition
- Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA)
- The Cable & Telecommunications Association for Marketing (CTAM)
- The Internet & Television Association (NCTA)